COVID-19 – HEALTH, SAFETY, AND HOSPITALITY
In this video message, Co-Owner Dan Simons shares our perspective as we serve our guests and our neighborhoods, and care for our staff, during these unsettling times.
The well-being of our guests and our team members is always our
number one priority. Our routine best practices include everything currently
being advised by the CDC and other health officials. We are stricter than ever
with all of our sanitation and safety practices, enhancing our protocols,
retraining team members, and increasing our communications. We want you to know
the measures we are specifically taking across our restaurants to prevent the
spread of the virus and to keep our guests, our team, our restaurants, and our
communities as safe as we possibly can. This is a partial list but gives
insight into the kind of operation we run.
HEALTH, SAFETY, AND SANITATION
- We are monitoring and following recommendations from the CDC, the WHO, and our local health departments and government agencies.
- We employ two full-time health, safety, and sanitation professionals who work across all of our restaurants and are reinforcing and refining all of our company protocols.
- We continue to make proper handwashing a number one priority, as it is the most effective way to prevent the spread of illness. We enforce using soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- We have added the use of a disinfectant certified by the EPA against corona viruses, and we maintain the highest cleaning and disinfecting protocols for surfaces and high-touch points.
- We continue to be vigilant and reinforce our company policies for employee personal items to be clean and sanitized at all times. This includes cell phones, laptops, purse and backpack straps.
TEMPORARY OPERATIONAL CHANGES
- All of our restaurants are offering curbside pick up and delivery (with no fees) only. For details on specific locations, click HERE.
- We are offering free delivery orders (through DoorDash and UberEats) and reinforcing the seal on our delivery bags to prevent tampering.
TEAM WELLNESS & MORALE
- We are all being vigilant about our own wellness and encouraging everyone to take care of themselves and each other. We are paying close attention to the mental health and morale of our team, given the rising concerns about COVID-19 and the economy.
- We’re reinforcing to our team that they must stay home if they are sick or feeling unwell and report their symptoms to their manager.
- Qualified full-time employees have access to healthcare.
While we can’t know what tomorrow will bring, we are doing our best today to serve our guests. We will continue to serve our guests as best as we can. Please let us know how we can serve you and if there is anything else you need from us during this time.
As an independent, farmer-owned company, we are grateful for your support and loyalty. We will continue to be as transparent and communicative as we all make our way through this together. Please reach out to us if you have thoughts or concerns.