The planet matters, so find ways to do more good and less harm.
A mantra that filters through all we do.
Our food comes from American family farms and purveyors we trust, and is cooked from scratch every day. We make our own pasta, desserts (even ice cream), stocks, sauces, dressings, baked goods, and more.
Our sustainability practices don’t end when a dish leaves our kitchens, they’re also found in our collaborative works with like-minded builders, architects, vintners, designers, distillers, and artists, to accomplish our goals of creating complete, sustainable experiences for our guests … and hopefully inspire them.
In fact, we’re thrilled to be recently named one of The 10 Most Sustainable Restaurants in America for the eco-friendly practices we put into place and our overall commitment to sustainability.
Here’s a behind the scenes look at just some of the sustainable efforts found throughout Founding Farmers restaurants:
- Our Recycling & Composting Program keeps 90% of waste out of landfills
- Use of Energy Star qualified appliances and monitors (which are 30% more efficient than conventional models); T8 linear fluorescent lights (which use 75% less energy/emit fewer greenhouse gases than incandescents); and water purifiers to bottle our own water, promoting water & waste efficiency
- Dishwashers that sanitize with hot water and green cleaning products instead of a chemical to protect indoor air & water quality
- Use of refurbished-recycled materials in furniture, reducing our dependence on non-renewable virgin resources (*fact: our MoCo’s Founding Farmers front desk is made from recycled shoeboxes!)
- Occupancy sensors, low-flow faucet aerators, and touchless faucet sensors and hand dryers are installed in restrooms to promote water, energy, and waste conservation
- Our bath tissue, hot cups, beverage napkins, and paper bags are made from recycled materials
- We recycle & convert used cooking oil and trap grease into high-quality biodiesel; and offset some of our greenhouse gas emissions with the purchase of carbon credits through Carbonfund.org
Our mission to find ways to do more good and less harm continues each day. And as we grow as a company, so will our sustainability efforts!